Our Class Schedule
In the table below is most of the information you might want about our classes - the date the class will be held, the city in which the class will be held, the name of the class and a more or less brief description of the class. If you click on the name of the class, you'll be taken to a more complete description of the class. In addition to our scheduled classes, we also do retreats and workshops, at your facility or ours. We are happy to have special classes for four or more people.
A few quick class notes you may want to be aware of:
- Our classes are hands-on classes where you will be standing and working for about five hours. Please arrive prepared to work, wearing comfortable, closed-toe shoes and having long hair tied back.
- We limit class size to 8 people to make sure we can give everyone the attention they need in class.
- We will provide towels and aprons, but feel free to bring your own if you have a favorite apron that you want to get covered with dough.
- If you need reasonable accommodations, please let us know in advance, so we can prepare to meet your needs. In the past, we have had students in wheel chairs and we were delighted to be able to meet their needs. We like challenges and we like teaching people!
- There is a dog on premises in our Sanger location who is not allowed in the kitchen during class and food prep times. We love dogs and like to think she's sweet and harmless, but we know some people have other opinions about dogs. If you have dog issues, please let us know before class so we can make reasonable accommodations.
To register for one of our classes, just select the number of people you want to have attend a class and press the "Add to Cart" button. You can return to this page and add as many people to any class you would like. If you want to pay with a credit card, PayPal is our credit card processor, and you do not need to have, or create, a PayPal account to pay via credit card.
If you prefer not to deal with PayPal, you can use the "Contact Us" page and send us an email. Tell us which class you want to be in, how many will be in your party, and how to contact you.
|Date/Time/Location||Class Title and Link||Notes||Register|
|Saturday, October 12, 2019|
|Home Ground Whole Grains|| Home ground whole grains!|
Yeah, you KNOW you should eat more whole grains. And you've probably heard freshly ground grains are even better!
But so many whole grain breads taste like cardboard - they are penance or a prescription, not a pleasure!
Not these breads!
We'll make three different whole grain breads, each of which will delight you! They will be lighter than you'd imagine, and easier to make than you'd believe.
There are a few tricks you need to learn to unlock whole grain flavors, especially when dealing with freshly ground grains, and we'll teach them to you! We'll prepare lunch together.
|Saturday November 9, 2019|
|Bagel Mania!|| It's sad, but bagels have fallen on hard times. Gone are the days when a bagel was a dense, chewy flavorful bread. Now they are all too often a light bread with little flavor other than "sweet". And it's sad! Did I mention it was sad?|
In this class, we make the real deal: classic New York Style bagels, the sort you have trouble finding in New York these days. We'll start by boiling and baking some bagels, you'll learn why bagel lovers say "if they ain't boiled, they ain't bagels", we'll have a bagel party, and then you'll make more bagels to take home, let rise overnight, boil and bake for the next day's breakfast. This is one of our most enjoyable classes!
We'll add more classes later in the year. Want a particular class? Just ask!
Is there a baking or food class you'd like to take that we don't offer? Is there a class we offer that we haven't held in a while? Do you have trouble with Saturday classes?Please tell us! The bagel class came about because people asked for it.We offer custom classes if you can get together enough people to make it worth our while - and that's not a lot of people!If you suggest a new class and we decide to offer it, we'll invite you to the first class, on us! (Well, we won't charge you for the class. Getting here, accommodations and food outside the class are not covered by this offer.) Just let us know on the "Contact Us" page!